Welcome to the Glenwood School PTO Website!
Here you can find important dates, information on upcoming events and details on what's happening up at Glenwood. Visit often so you can stay up to date! Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Second Box Top Collection Due February 17th
Saving Box Tops is an easy way for everyone to get involved in funding our school. When you purchase Box Top products, please clip the coupons and send them into school from now until February 17th. Click HERE to learn more about Glenwood's Box Top collection.
Celebrate your child’s birthday with a donation to the Glenwood library. Make a monetary donation by Friday, March 3rd then Glenwood librarian, Mrs. Nesser, will use the funds to purchase new books for the library. Your child will select one of those books, and a special bookplate with your child’s name will be placed in the book to identify the donation for years to come. Click HERE for details.
The 3rd Annual Gator Global Gala will be on Tuesday, March 28th from 6 to 8 pm. Please sign up to represent your culture by decorating a table, or bringing food, and/or performing a cultural dance or activity. Registration will open 9 pm on Monday, February 6th. Attendance is free and no registration is necessary. Please click here for more information.
Variety Show Photo Sale Open NOW
Downloads of professionally taken photos of your kids' performance are available for sale until March 17th. Purchase and download the photos you want; you are allowed to use them however you like. Click HERE for more information.
It's not too late to order No Fuss Lunch. Lunch may be ordered one day at a time or a week or month in advance. Orders can be placed or changed as late as 10 pm the night before; orders can be cancelled up to 6 am the same day. Click here for more details.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Cultural Arts - Multicultural Folk Dance Residency
Our first graders participated in a “Multicultural Folk Dance Residency” which incorporated world dance, history, geography, social studies, fashion, and music. Students experienced Ghana, USA, China and South Korea, which included performances of a classical South Korean ribbon dance as well as a Native American folk dance. Click HERE for more details and photos.
Please click here to find out more about the Cultural Arts program.
Two fifth graders were among the winners of the Summit Elks Lodge Essay Contest, "Why Is It Important to Vote". Sajni Shah was awarded 3rd place and Melinda Deng received an Honorable Mention. The award ceremony will take place on Sunday, January 30th. Click HERE for more details.
The Glenwood Holiday Concert was featured in The Item of Millburn & Short Hills December 22nd article, "Glenwood Students Offer Holiday Fun at Concert".
To see all of Glenwood in the News, click HERE.
Please check out the Around Town page for other Town events including the Education Foundation, SAM Program and Down the Block.
The PTO Has A Lot To Be Thankful For!
This week, we'd like to thank...
- Heather Finan and the Special Lunch Team for organizing the 2nd session of Special Lunch!
- Nicole Petersen and Tara Halpern for organizing the 2nd session of GASA!
- Penina Barr & Usha Shah for coordinating the December Outreach Programs to get gifts to families in need.
- Elizabeth Abergel for managing our Holiday Concert DVD & Web Clip Sale!
- Lisa Haggerty and Emily Abraham for setting up the January bulletin boards.
- Gina Finkelstein & Nina D'Souza for organizing our upcoming winter Munching with the Masters Program.
- Shilpee Gangwal and the volunteers who helped with Bagel Snack Days!
Amazon Purchases Earn $$$ for Glenwood
Simply click here and don't forget to bookmark the link for future Amazon purchases! Every time you purchase from Amazon using this link, Glenwood benefits. So knock yourself out!
Health Procedure Reminders
- Please remember your child needs to stay home for a fever above 100. Students must be fever- free without the use of any fever-reducing medication (Tylenol or Advil) for 24 hours before returning to school. Do not give your child Tylenol or Advil and send them to school.
- Children who have vomited or had diarrhea should be kept home until they are symptom free for 24 hours and are tolerating food well.
- If your child has been diagnosed with strep throat or pink eye they must be kept home until they have been on the prescribed medication for 24 hours before returning to school.
- In the event your child becomes sick at school and needs to be picked up, you must come as soon as possible or within one hour (60 minutes) of the call to pick them up. If you cannot pick them up within one hour, the emergency contact person will be called and asked to come pick your child up. Please have at least one (1) emergency contact person who is in a position to pick up your child listed on the Emergency Medical information section in your Gateway account.
- The best way to protect against illness is Hand Washing. The teachers will be encouraging hand washing at school. Be sure to also promote hand washing at home.
Kindergarten Registration by February 28th
Kindergarten Registration for the 2017-2018 school year will be open until February 28, 2017 using the online registration system. Parents of incoming Kindergarteners begin the registration process by entering the majority of their information online in the Registration Gateway system. They will schedule an in-person meeting at the Education Center with the registrar through the Registration Gateway calendar. Follow the instructions HERE.
Washington School PTO Inaugural Executive Board
The inaugural PTO Executive Board of the Washington School has been annouced:
- Co-Presidents: Amy Talbert (D) & Robin Grapkowski (H)
- Co-Treasurers: Dina Pearl (H) & Michelle Lee (W)
- Co-VPs Fundraising: Johaina Khan (G) & Kim Vitella (W)
- Co-VPs Programming: Neetu Salhotra (D) & Carrie Nussbaum (G)
- Co-VPs Communications: Samantha Meiler (W) & Lisa Biller (SM)
- Secretary: Vidya Raj (SM)
Millburn Schools Rock the Casbah! - Friday, March 10th 7-11:00 pm
Join us at Short Hills Hilton for a night featuring fabulous dinner, decadent desserts, open bar, live music by the Nerds, dancing, and an extraordinary silent auction. Leave the cold behind with our Moroccan theme, including belly dancers, henna artists, fortunetellers, and much more. Don’t wait to get your tickets for the Ed Foundation’s biggest fundraiser of the year—Millburn Schools Rock. Support our schools while having a rockin’ time! For more information on Millburn Schools Rock, sponsorship opportunities, or to volunteer to help with the event, please contact Sonali Ganti at firstname.lastname@example.org or Rumy Sidhu at email@example.com
Ticket Price: $150 per ticket for members and $180 per ticket non-members
Price at the door: $200 per ticket
Wednesday, March 29th, Millburn PTOC Townwide Parent Education Committee presents the award winning film, Most Likely To Succeed, about re-imagining the future of education and what matters most for students today. The morning event at 11:30 AM at Bow Tie Millburn Cinemas requires a ticket purchased on line ($5.00/ticket) to cover theater costs. The evening presentation a 7:30 pm at MHS auditorium is free of charge and no ticket is required. Questions? Contact Cheryl Talpalar at firstname.lastname@example.org
SEPAC Second Social Skills Workshop
The Millburn Special Education Parents Advisory Committee is in the process of planning its second Social Skills Workshop for the Spring. Attached is a questionnaire designed to identify topics for discussion that are of interest to the community. Click HERE and take a moment to fill out this brief questionnaire.
Click HERE to check out the Special Education Parent Advisory Committee newsletter for information about Special Services staff, SEPAC committee members and other news.
Please read the Allergy Management letter to learn about some updates and changes in the ways we continue to ensure a healthy and safe learning environment for students who have a medically documented anaphylactic allergy. Click HERE to read the Allergy Management Letter.
Status or Information Change
If you are moving in or out of district, withdrawing a child from our school, or just need to update some contact information, please click here for more information.
Thank You Education Foundation!!
We would like to thank the Education Foundation of Millburn-Short Hills for the wonderful grants they awarded to Glenwood for some upgrades and advancements to our school! In 2016, we received $11,128.53 to fund the following:
LIGHTING UP GLENWOOD Art/Technology Project
ELL Apps for iPads
12Cs Character Education Program for K-5
*PTO to fund the remaining $2,450 for the Program