Welcome to the Glenwood School PTO Website!
Here you can find important dates, information on upcoming events and details on what's happening up at Glenwood. Visit often so you can stay up to date! Questions? Contact email@example.com.
On Early Dismissal days, students do not have a lunch period. The PTO offers bagels and drink for students' snack, available for pre-purchase. The bagels are from "Bagel Chateau - Goldberg's Famous Deli" and can be plain, buttered or with cream cheese. Beverage choices are apple juice, orange juice or water. PTO Volunteers will deliver the bagels to each classroom to each class on the designated days. Click here for more details. Registration will close at midnight on September 30th. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
It's not too late to order No Fuss Lunch. Lunch may be ordered one day at a time or a week or month in advance. Orders can be placed or changed as late as 10 pm the night before; orders can be cancelled up to 6 am the same day. Click here for more details.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Walk to School Day - Wednesday, October 5th
Glenwood Goes Green says “It’s Cool to Walk to School”.
Walk to School Day began in 1997 as a one day event aimed at building awareness for the need for walkable communities. In 2000, the event became international when the UK and Canada joined the USA for the first International Walk to School Day. Today, thousands of schools across America, from all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico, participate every October. So join us by walking to school on Wednesday, October 5th.
Chess Lunch Club Registration will Open Monday, October 10th
Chess Lunch Club is a great way for children to play chess with their peers and learn new skills. Registration will be open from October 10th to October 29th. Glenwood's Chess Lunch Club will be held every Wednesday in the school library during your child's recess from November 2nd to March 29th. The cost is $200 for 16 classes. Click HERE for more details.
Save the Date - 2016 Walk-a-thon - Wednesday, October 19th
Get your running shoes and pledge forms ready for the Glenwood Annual Walk-a-thon on Wednesday, October 19th (rain date: Friday October 21st). This event is a special Glenwood tradition for students and parents that has raised over $160,000 for various non-profit organizations over the years. This year we will be walking for Colon Cancer Alliance (CCA), the oldest and largest national patient advocacy organization dedicated to ending the suffering caused by colorectal cancer. Click HERE for more information.
GASA & Special Lunch Have Started
The Fall Session of GASA and Special Lunch have started.
Attention Drivers! Keep the Air Clean and Help Glenwood Stay Green !
Please turn OFF your engines while waiting in the car line or on side streets.
Did you know that:
- Children breathe 50% more air per pound than adults and asthma symptoms increase when exposed to car exhaust?
- If you are going to be sitting for more than 10 seconds, it is more fuel efficient to turn your engine off and restart?
- In New Jersey,idling for more than three minutes is against the law?
Click HERE for more Glenwood Goes Green initiatives.
Send Your Photos to the Yearbook
It's fast and easy - just email your First Day of School, Fall Family Picnic and Playground Ribbon Cutting photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
VS 2016/2017 - Reserve Your Favorite Song NOW
It's never too early to start planning for the Variety Show! If you would like to reserve your favorite songs for next year's Variety Show, please send in your request now. All songs are reserved on a first-come-first-served basis. We will not allow duplicate of songs, please secure your favorite songs to avoid disappointment. Send your request to email@example.com
Please click here to find out more about the Cultural Arts program.
The playground ribbon cutting ceremony on September 13 was featured in The Item of Millburn & Short Hills. Click HERE to see the article.
The Glenwood's Chess Team's were announced as the 2015-2016 champions in the July 7 issue of The Item of Millburn & Short Hills. Click HERE to see the article. .
To see all of Glenwood in the News, click HERE.
Please check out the Around Town page for other Town events including the Education Foundation, SAM Program and Down the Block.
The PTO Has A Lot To Be Thankful For!
This week, we'd like to thank...
- Sharyn Stein Berezin for staying on and helping complete the playground.
- Rie Oberliesen, Elizabeth Cassano and Gina Neary for organizing and distributing school supplies.
- Christine Cofer and Karen Barrack for coordinating class parents.
- Jim Cofer for reviewing contracts.
- Lily Lee and Lynn Chang for coordinating library volunteers.
- Laurence Piergentili for organizing art room helpers.
- Lisa Haggerty for setting up the bulletin boards.
- Heather Finan for organizing special lunch and library programs.
- Tara Halpen and Nicole Petersen for organizing GASA.
- Maria Patti for setting up th
- Dana Santarella and Lauri Kuntz for organizing cultural arts.
- Deepa Krishnan and Amruta Khalap for organizing a great Fall Family Picnic.
- Eileen Cist for organizin Forgotten Lunch.
- Gina Neary for organizing the Giving Tree.
- Jill Herbert and Rena Carlton for organizing and hosting the New Family Coffee and making the new family packets.
- Rena Carlton and Jumana Culligan for organizing SWAG.
- Swati Shah and Fiona Feng for creating the budget and all the treasurer duties.
- Christine Kong and Diane Deng for maintaining the website calendar.
- Kirsty Nuttall for maintaining the PTO website.
Amazon Purchases Earn $$$ for Glenwood
Simply click here and don't forget to bookmark the link for future Amazon purchases! Every time you purchase from Amazon using this link, Glenwood benefits. So knock yourself out!
Please read the Allergy Management letter to learn about some updates and changes in the ways we continue to ensure a healthy and safe learning environment for students who have a medically documented anaphylactic allergy.
MMAC - Drug Prevention Walk - October 22nd
The 2016 Drug Prevention Walk will be held on Saturday, October 22nd at Nomehegan Park, Cranford (1024 Springfield Avenue). The walk takes place between 9:00 and 10:00 am followed by a Family Fun Day from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. Click HERE for more details.
Back to School Lunch Tips from the Millburn Green Schools Team
The Millburn Green Schools Team has collaborated with the Hartshorn Arboretum to provide green Back to School Lunch tips. Click HERE for details.
Status or Information Change
If you are moving in or out of district, withdrawing a child from our school, or just need to update some contact information, please click here for more information.
Thank You Education Foundation!!
We would like to thank the Education Foundation of Millburn-Short Hills for the wonderful grants they awarded to Glenwood for some upgrades and advancements to our school! In 2016, we received $11,128.53 to fund the following:
LIGHTING UP GLENWOOD Art/Technology Project
ELL Apps for iPads
12Cs Character Education Program for K-5
*PTO to fund the remaining $2,450 for the Program